Breast Implants Surgery Recovery
It is common to experience some bruising, swelling and pain immediately after you had the breast implant cosmetic surgery. You may feel your breathing to be restricted and a tight feeling around your chest. This is completely normal and you will feel considerably improved over the subsequent few weeks.
Your plastic surgeon will advise you to rest at the clinic or hospital in a semi-upright position. This will minimize the swelling and keep you comfortable. You can take painkillers if you need them.
After care recommendations for the plastic surgery
To obtain the best results after your breast implants surgery, follow your surgeon’s aftercare advice. You may be required to attend a few post-operative appointments. These appointments enable your surgeon to appraise your recovery.
You should avoid the following after your breast implant surgery:
- Getting the wounds wet for a period of one week after surgery
- Sleeping with your face down for a month
- Any kind of physical exercise for about four weeks
- Lifting of heavy objects up to a maximum of four weeks
- Vehicle driving for a minimum of seven days or until the time when you can do without discomfort an emergency stop
Your plastic surgeon may recommend you wearing a tightly fitted sports bra at all times of the day for about three months after breast surgery. Brian J. Parker MD of Las Vegas recommends that you take two weeks holiday from your work to make a complete recovery. You can get back to your old self and do normal exercises within a three week period. The incision sites should not be exposed to direct sunlight for approximately a year.
Do keep a detailed record of the breast implants. You should note the manufacturer of the implant. Serial number, style and batch number.
What can help after breast implants surgery
Do keep the following points in mind after you finish your breast augmentation cosmetic surgery:
- Do not forget to massage the breasts. However, if you had a breast lift along with breast implants, then do not massage the breasts.
- If you wet your wounds, remember to dry them as soon as possible. Do use a hair dryer to fully dry the dressings and the wounds.
- The arms should not be raised above the shoulders for a minimum of two weeks
When to contact your doctor
Do contact your clinic if you observe the following symptoms:
- The bandage is soaked by blood and blood letting has not stopped
- Both breasts or a single one swells up after this cosmetic surgery
- You have difficulty in catching your breath,
- You have difficulty in catching the breadth or there can be pain inside the chest
- You have a hard head ache
- Fever reaching high temperatures like 38 degrees centigrade or more than that.
There can be restrictions imposed on you You can experience soreness lasting for a few days. Your plastic surgeon can recommend normal activity and exercise after a few weeks.